Filming in Portugal
11 REASONS TO FILM IN PORTUGAL
1. SUNNIER DAYS: long hours of sunlight and clear skies - almost 300 days of sunshine per year and low levels of precipitation, allowing for year-round production. Average temperature in 2019: 16ºC/61°F.
2. VARIETY: every imaginable scenario can be found in Portugal: beaches, castles, monuments, impressive old and modern buildings, churches, cathedrals, monasteries, parks, gardens, historical villages, walled cities all types of landscapes (mountains, forests, plains, rocky slopes, valleys, caves, rivers, lagoons and even jungles) http://picportugal.com/en/locations.html
3. ACCESSIBLE LOCATIONS: diversity of scenarios in short distance. Less than 5 hours to travel from North to South by car; 6 international airports (Lisbon, Porto, Faro, Funchal, S. Miguel and Lajes) and 5 international harbors. Direct flights between New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Miami and Lisbon.
4. EXPERIENCED HARD WORKING PROFESSIONALS: skilled talent available at competitive rates. Portuguese crews are used to working in international productions and have a great deal of experience in film and TV productions as well as in high end commercials. Cast and crew are fluent in English. Spanish and French are also widely spoken.
5. STUDIO FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT: most of the studios are available in the Lisbon and Porto areas, equipped with the latest technology. There are also projects to develop new areas for this purpose, namely in the Algarve region. Post-production is mostly located in the Lisbon metropolitan area.
6. AFFORDABLE COST OF LIVING & GREAT FOOD & A WIDE HOTEL OFFER
7. STABLE AND SAFE COUNTRY: 3rd safest country in the world as per the Global Peace Index 2020.
8. QUALITY HEALTH SYSTEM: with a wide network of public and private hospitals
9. COPRODUCTION TREATIES: with more than 60 countries worldwide, including all Portuguese speaking countries, which represent + 250 M Portuguese speakers (such as Brazil, Mozambique, and Angola) and Latin American countries.
10. CASH REBATE FOR FILM PRODUCTIONS
11. SCOUTING PROGRAMME